Berlin is fantastic!!!
Berlin Travel Blog› entry 2 of 6 › view all entries
I went to Berlin last August to do a TESOL course (certificate to teach English abroad).
During August I lived in West Berlin, but didn't have loads of free time to see the city.
In September (after a quick trip to Prague), I moved into a shared room appartment in Prenzlauer Berg in the East side of the city. The wall may be gone but the difference between the two sides clearly visible. The area I was living in was a lot more bohemian/gritty than the area i was in for the first month.
Highlights in Berlin:
- Graffiti-covered East Berlin,
- the countless bars, and clubs that stay open till well after sunrise (and all the crazy people who go to them)
- countless food places - Lebanese, Turkish, Chinese, Greek, Indian, everything.
- the tourist attractions - TV tower which you can go up and look all over Berlin; Potsdamer Platz - Sony centre (photo); Reichstag building; Brandenburg gate (photo); and many more.
- the culture and history in every square centimeter (e.g. i was standing at a bus-stop and read the poster next to the timetable describing the historical events that took place in the building behind me)
- the artists everywhere,
- the street-festivals that seem to happen all the time for days on end (see photos)
- the people who were so friendly
I've been to some cool cities - Paris, Prague, Amsterdam, Jerusalem, Cairo, and even lived in London for 3 years, but no place has given me such a buzz to be there like Berlin did.
I can't wait to return!