Second Day-continuing shopping

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Second day I was planning to go to Genting Highlands. I heard the weather there is much cooler than the city of KL, and it has outdoor and indoor theme park and one of Asia's biggest casino. Unfortunately the Pudu bus terminal was closed, and people have to go to Bukit Jalil to catch the bus or KL Sentral. KL Sentral is comparatively closer. When I get there, it was around 9:00am, and they put the notice saying next bus is 3pm. The cabbie trying to hook me to go there, saying he'll pay for the toll, I just pay him 90RM one way. It's kind of out my budget. I found out the first bus from there back is 9pm, if there's something wrong with the bus I have to catch a taxi back again.
 Thought for a while, finally decided to give up the trip and went for Mid Valley megamall shopping. The KTM has keep cancelling trains to that direction. I have waited for more than  40min to board the train. It's only one stop away from KL Sentral. When I got there, most shops were preparing to open. Only a couple of bakery/cafe had already opened. It's easier to explore around inside the megamall when it's not so crowded. There're so many shops inside, people said you cannot finish shopping everything in one day. Lucky not every shops that I was interested to go inside. Still I spent more than half day inside the mall. In the evening, I went to Masjid Jamek to check out the mosque, Merdeka Square, and Jalan Petaling in China town. The street was so crowded with imitation bag/purse, souvenir sellers staffed both side. You can hardly walk along. Some people look like enjoying drinking beer and eating local food at the nearby open-air restaurant. I only had a window shopping in the crowds.