Arriving in a daze...

Perth Travel Blog

My first trip to Perth, AU was not one I was particularly excited about. Not quite sure why that was. Perhaps it was the knowledge that I'd be staying with relatives rather than on my own, and having to spend time with them throughout my stay.

Before I'm branded some nasty, unmentionable names, let me just say that I was looking forward to seeing my aunties and cousins whom i'm still getting to know. But it felt more like a visit than a holiday. I can't put my finger on it, but the word "excited" was not one I could use to describe this trip. I guess it may be the fact that I didn't know what to expect of this city, as much as I knew about Sydney, or Melbourne. Still, I planned to have fun and enjoy my family's company, no matter what we did on this vacation.

The flight that Joann and I were on left nearer to midnight. And I realised then that I was not one who could sleep on a plane. I closed my eyes for most of the flight, and could not get a cat nap in even! So I tried to keep myself busy listening to my MP3 player, alternating with the book I carried, which was pointless, because I had no interest in it on this 6 hr journey.

Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time we arrived, but that's when the excitement actually crept in!! Touching down on Aussie soil, I found Excitement. And after a memorable immigration check in (bonus was a cutey immigration officer), we headed out to the arrival gates to find my beloved cousin waiting with a great big smile on his face, dressed in his work clothes! Stepping out of the airport, we were greeted by strong gusts of wind, unlike what we find in Malaysia. MY cousin had to send us to my aunt's and then zipped off to take the train to the city.

It was 7am by then, and I was grateful that my aunt left us to the guestroom to catch some shuteye!! :D Boy did we sleep, I mean, I slept! Poor Joann couldn't sleep soundly thanks to my nasal orchestra!! That's what happens when I'm exhausted. :(

By noon, we were up, and rearing to go to into the city, where my auntie and uncle took us for lunch and a little sight seeing. By 5pm, we were back at their house, resting up before surprising my other aunt (there are two families who live in the same neighborhood) at her hse nearer to dinner.

The good thing about this trip was I wasn't even making the plans, my relatives were, LOL!! All we had to do was be ready and jump in the car when needed. I was thrilled. :D

soonthiam says: