A stop for some chocolate

Scarborough Travel Blog

We made our way further north and into Hew Hampshire next. We even got a semi decent picture of their welcome sign.  We made our way over a few very nice bridges and saw some very nice homes.  Fairly late in the afternoon we saw a Trolley Museum that peeked my interest.  The sign said open, and we slowly made our way in taking a few pictures.  But as we got to the real entry point we found out we just a few minutes too late.  Seems the story of my life.

We also got a couple of pictures of another old locomotive along the way.

Then we headed on north and finally got to Len Libby's Handmade Chocolates in Scarborough, Maine.  I had been told not to miss this stop by both Vance (vances) and Jackie (jamartin39).  Spent quite a while enjoying the aroma of this wonderful shop and did manage to spend a couple of dollars but could have spent much more.  I specifically liked some of the sayings on the aprons, like “Chocolate  Here today…  …gone today!!” and “Promise me anything but give me Chocolate!”  They certainly aren’t wrong in their opinions. This is one place you need to see if you are in this area.

Scarborough Sights & Attractions review
If you love chocolate, this is for you!
This business dates back to 1926 when Len Libby first opened his candy shop. In 1949 it was sold to Fern Hemond who has kept the same original recipes… read entire review
photo by: jamartin39