The end of a huge Experience!!

West Haven Travel Blog

When we finally did get out of New York City and over into Connecticut the Freeway or Turnpike or whatever they called it was blocked and congested so that we crawled at about 15 mph or less for well over an hour.  At one point I noted that there was a gas station right there on the Freeway!!  Amazing, I thought as I sped by.  And it was only after I had completely passed it that I realized I had needed to go to the restroom (which they had) for at least an hour. Foolish me. We finally reached a Cracker Barrel just south of New Haven for dinner and then went another five miles to find a Best Western of the night.

We were both exhausted..... what an experience!!!!

WaltJake says:
Too bad I haven't been keeping up with this site... you were right in my area! We could have met for a steak dinner! (No shortage of meat in Connecticut! LOL)
Posted on: Mar 21, 2011
travelman727 says:
Roger, there are few things finer than a road stop rest room when needed :-D
Posted on: Aug 18, 2010
X_Drive says:
If the British still ran it there wouldn't even be an Indepence Square or Liberty Bell!! LOL
And we are just too old and mellow to get into a city like New York! That was scary!! :D
Posted on: Jul 23, 2010
Connecticut welcome sign.
Connecticut welcome sign.
The indoor pool
The indoor pool
West Haven Hotels & Accommodations review
A little more expensive than it was worth.
Location: This seven story hotel style facility sits by itself away from anything else off the edge of I- 95 freeway which made nice and quiet, but on… read entire review
West Haven