Packing Day

Visalia Travel Blog

Today is packing day.  Do we have enough luggage to carry what we will need for the next two months?  I doubt it.  And even if we did, would it all fit into a Toyota Prius?  No way, Jose!  On our last trip (to Alaska) the nice friendly girl who drove us to the airport from the hotel broke one wheel off one of our suitcases, so that one is gone.  It seems like on every long trip we lose a piece of luggage to bad handling.  Well, at least when someone else is doing the handling.  So this time we have one large case, on wheels, two smaller carry-on type pieces with wheels, two large duffle bags, a medium size bag for misc. stuff we like to take, and my laptop case.  We are in the process of washing, folding and packing and making sure that our checklist is complete.

At the end of the day I will be printing out a copy of the final itinerary so that my nagivator, oops, navigator Judy will be able to see what we are doing and help with her part. She loves the maps, tour books from Automobile Club with all the places we have marked as possible stops, and keeping herself busy on trips.  I like her doing it, but I prefer my GPS system, even if it has sent me to the wrong direction a couple of times in the past.  We’ll have to see if my new one does it too.

The first few days we are basically just driving.  We’ve been to each place between our home and Salt Lake City before, so it will be familiar to us.  And unless they have something special going on like at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah or somewhere else along the way, we will just be driving and enjoying our trip.

bkretzer says:
I love my GPS, too. We have used it on the last two road trips. But, I always have map back up. You never know when the unit could fail. So far it has worked perfectly. The only errors have come from the guy inputting the addresses!
Posted on: May 10, 2010
Vlindeke says:
Roger & Judy,
Have a fabulous time!!!!
Take care,
Posted on: May 09, 2010
Tinktinkie says:
How exciting! Have fun packing and enjoy your trip! I am looking forward to be reading all about it :-)
Posted on: May 09, 2010
Visalia General Tips & Advice review
New GPS with updated software and maps
Knowing that I was going to either need to upgrade the maps in my old GPS system, which I felt was overpriced, or buy a new one, I opted for the later… read entire review
Visalia