Home!!!

Visalia Travel Blog

My little GPS unit shows 10,244 miles for our trip and we arrived home at nearly 9 pm.

Thanks to all who we met on our trip and to all of those of you who followed us on our fun.

Our trip has been through 33 states in the US and 3 provinces in Canada, 18 of those states were new to me and 21 states that Judy had not visited before.  And even though we had been through Vancouver, it wasn’t supposed to count because of the way we did it on a sealed bus from the airport to the dock for our cruise.

Both Judy and I have now visited all of the states in the U.S. except Hawaii and that one hopefully will be our trip for next year, but like we told several folks on this years trip, we aren't planning to drive because they haven't finished the chunnel yet. :D

We have earned a few coupons for free nights that we need to use later in the year so we may make a trip to the coast to get out of the heat of the valley, but for now we are home and ready to sleep in our own bed for awhile!!

missandrea81 says:
Congrats and welcome home. (I know I'm about a month late) I hope your leg is healing nicely!
Posted on: Jul 20, 2010
sarahsan says:
Welcome home Roger! What a great trip you made and how impressive to make it through 49 states. I have enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 18, 2010
chigger says:
Hey you made it, how is your leg Roger....Please don't make Ohau the only island you visit in Hawaii..
Posted on: Jul 05, 2010