Tokyo Sea of Life Park

Tokyo Travel Blog

Andrea, Jana, and I consulted my Welcome to Tokyo: Tokyo: Handy Guide, yesterday and we decided to check out the Tokyo Sea of Life Park in Edogawa, Tokyo. The weather was in the 80’s so it was hot but we still had a great day.

The Tokyo Sea of Life Park is a glass dome that duplicates different aquatic environments from around the world. Around 530 species live at the aquarium. The aquarium is broken down into different areas: Voyagers of the Sea is home to: tuna, eastern tuna, yellowfin tuna, eagle rays, and hammerheads. The Pacific Ocean has nursery fish, humphead warsee, unicorn fish, and shiner surfperch. The Indian Sea includes: yellowband angelfish, surgoun fish, seadragon, and golden butterflyfish. Just to name a few.

I thought the aquarium was well designed. It showed off all of the fish nicely and it was easy to navigate through. The 2,200-ton ring-shaped aquarium that holds the tuna is one of the must sees. If you are at the aquarium when the tuna are being fed stop by and watch. It is worth it. I never knew that tuna were so big (they are almost as big as I am). It was fun to watch them swim for the food as they were being fed.

It was a nice and relaxing place to visit in fast paced Tokyo.

photo by: maka77