AsiaJapanTsukuba

Goodbye Picnic

Tsukuba Travel Blog

Beth and I
Beth planned a goodbye picnic for everyone who was leaving Japan (Annie, Andrea, Jana, and I). When we arrived we thought it was just going to be the ALT crew and our old coordinators but to our surprise it wasn’t. Beth invited some of her and Andrea Japanese friends from their first years in Japan. I thought Andrea was going to start crying when she saw two of her friends who she hadn’t seen in months.

Andrea chatted with her friends, Jana taught the younger kids skipbo and played Ring around the Rosy, and Beth hosted. I hung out with the ALTs and the coordinators. It was great to see Yukiko and Naoko. I missed talking to them in the office and I wanted to say goodbye and thank you before I left. I am glad I was able to.
All of us
Everyone signed goodbye boards for those of us who were leaving. It was hard to put the goodbyes into words because we all refuse this to be our last time together. I know I will be seeing everyone again.

The picnic was a great time. We had way too much food and spent two hours talking and taking pictures. At one point, Jana and Hiromi decided to throw me into the lake. Luckily my pants were loose and started to fall off so they had to abandon that plan.

That action led to the after party shopping. Jana and I decided we needed to get new pants. Jana needed some because most of hers were old and not worth taking back to the States. I need some because I had almost had my pants pulled off at the picnic. I am proud to say that I now own a pair of jeans that does not need to be held up by a belt!

After shopping, we headed over to Beth's and did a photo exchange. We looked over our pictures from our years in Jpapan, grabbed the pictures that we did have, shared our favorites, and decided to make memory books. Beth bought Jana, Andrea, Annie, and I memory books and we all grabbed some colored paper and decided that we would choose a favorite photo for each person and write a memory about it. We will be getting together on Tuesday to exchange the pictures and memories.
The InterTalk Girls