First post from Japan

Ami Travel Blog

I made it to Japan and I lived through the big storm that came through last night. So far I am a little overwhelmed by all of the information and the culture but I am still hanging in there. Beloit helped me out a lot; myself introduction seems to impress everyone and I am catching a few words here and there. Yesterday I met with the four schools I will be working at and with the Ami Board of Education. Today I am going to visit city hall to meet a couple more people.

Everyone I am working with has been really nice to me and made me feel really welcome. I was a feeling a bit (really) stressed out yesterday so Haromi called Chris another teacher over here and had me talk to him on the phone; it helped a lot.

My apartment is really, really small. I have a washer, sink/stove, a small bathroom and then my bed is in the living room/kitchen that holds a TV and a table. I am happy because the small bathroom has a western style toliet. I have yet to figure out how to use the other ones as I have been in rather dressy clothes and did not want to attempt something new in them.

The food has been interesting I went shopping yesterday and bought food that I know I will like so I don:t go hungry. I had some curry yesterday and that was pretty good and I ate at Dennys with my boss so I had some sort of American food. I am looking forward to trying new things and new foods.

My computer is not hooked up yet so I do not know when I will update again. I have to run to City Hall.
michellepowell says:
I have really enjoyed the stories about Japan, I almost went there in the air Force and missed out.
Posted on: Feb 02, 2008