last day in Japan

Yokosuka Travel Blog

Aww, everyone's sad to see me go

My last day in Japan.  In the morning, my cousin's husband took me on a tour of the base to see the battleships and submarines.  I really don't understand boats and naval things, but it was interesting.  I'm glad I don't have to spend 6 months on a floating metal box.

We had brunch on base (ah, yes!  American food!) and then went to wait for the daily bus from the base to the airport.  The kids were a little sad to see me go, now that they realized I wasn't a babysitter.  The bus ride was a little over an hour and it was hard not dozing on my last views of Japan.

I eventually got to the airport, got checked in and had about 20 minutes to get to my gate.  I stopped at a couple of stores there and was surprised to find the sakura and green tea Kit Kat bars that I hadn't seen since Kyoto.  Yum, so I bought some Kit Kats, water, and sho-chu for the plane ride home.

(I really was there until 4/11/10 but I wanted to trick my blog into remaining in my top 3 awhile longer, hence 4/11/11)

LostInSpace2010 says:
So great! I had a lot of fun reading and browsing through the pictures! Lovely stories =) Thank you for sharing!
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010
X_Drive says:
This sure was a great blog to read and go through. :D
Posted on: Jul 12, 2010
Aww, everyones sad to see me go
Aww, everyone's sad to see me go