Venice- first time

Venice Travel Blog

Gondola

I have a special devotion to Italy. I'm sure there are many amazing places in the world, far away and close around...but somehow Italy is an unexhaustible treasure box for me. There are many reasons for that, but I think I am not alone if its about the special spirit of Italy. I have dream. Not something usual I share with a friend of mine. White cabriolet, long roads, sunshine... LOL but back to Venice.

The first time I've been there I just got enchanted. I'm a pretty romantic person and every fabled place like Venice can get me around. 5 young ladies, 5 best friends.  We took a bus from home... than a ship and finally in 9 of morning we found ourselves at Piazza San Marco.

I'm not that kind of tourists who are taking the camera in their hands and are going to see only the famous places, buildings etc.

Pretty costumes
I like to get lost in the actual place where I am and it was also true for Venice. I loved those small, long alleyways, the old buildings, the hidden small shops. One of my best friends was learning Art at the school so she wanted to find and see the Colleoni Statue of Verrocchio. That was definitely a big fun to find. We got lost minimally 4 times on the small street and bridges over the canals...so finally we bought a new map and found the way with the help of a local guy Gianluca. He became than our nice omniscient guide. With his help we could try how it is to take a trip with Gondola. It was absolutely amazing experience...and those traffic guiding plates at the corners...pretty nice solutions.

Honestly, the carnival itself and those lot of peoples... that's not for me. So on that they I decided that I'll come back to Venice in summer time or whenever there is no carnival. However it was fun, many people, great costumes, nice music... still not what I want.  So here start my second experience of Venice.

only for motor boats :)
only for motor boats :)
real Italian pizza
real Italian pizza
Morbido...even more softer :)
Morbido...even more softer :)
beer
sweet doggy
sweet doggy
LOL
LOL
so here we are...those too many pe…
so here we are...those too many p…
Locals having fun