My trekking and mountainbike holiday 2009 in Val Gardena

Val Gardena Travel Blog

Last year I went to Val Gardena for trekking and mountainbikeking.  My opinion? The valley is a beautiful place to spend an active holiday.

At next I will share with you our Holiday:

Saturday: "Check in" in the Mountainbike Hotel Portillo in Selva

Sunday: "Light" Trekking around the Sassolungo and Sassopiatto. I have found a picture for you of the Sassolungo group seen from another site (I think from Rasciesa): http://www.flickr.com/photos/valgardena/4348630925/in/set-72157623290867587/. It's an easy walk - 5 hours.

Monday: Vallunga - This route crosses two imposing rock faces on a gravel road that passes meadows where you can play or sunbathe, as far as Pra da Ri. The return journey follows the road upwards from the junction towards Juac. Descending, the trail passes Sangon and the station below Col Raiser, then returns towards Selva. We visited the old castle of "O.v.Wolkenstein", a ruin near to Vallunga. But there you have to walk 5-10 minutes.

Tuesday: Alpe di Siusi: This excursion by mountainbike reaches the Alpe di Siusi, at an altitude of between 1,800 and 2,000 metres a.s.l. Starting from Santa Cristina, the trail leaves the valley following the road towards Ortisei, then takes the mountain railway up to Alpe di Siusi. From here there we see a splendid view out over the most beautiful mountains in Sassolungo, Sassopiatto, Sella massiv and Sciliar (a very kind man of Siusi explain us the names of the mountains). The trail then proceeds towards Saltria and Mount Pana on a gravel path that crosses woods and meadowland, in the shade of the immense Sassolungo to Selva, then returns towards the departure point at Santa Cristina.

Wednesday: Trekking tour: from Selva we take the public bus to S.Cristina. A walk of 15 minutes to Cablecar Col Raiser. From Colraiser we thake the trail (1 hour) in direction Regensburger hut. There we had a little stop, drink something. Than from Regensburger hut we walk true Juac and Daunei to the hotel (2 hours).

Thursday: Guided Walking by an active programm true the Tourist Office Val Gardena. We started at 4 o.clock and look a very beatiful sunrise on the Cir.

Friday: relax, wellness in the Hotel and a little walk in the town.

Saturday: departure.

We have found at home walking maps of Val Gardena on the follow link: http://www.valgardena.it/en/walking-and-trekking/page50.html

and than in Selva we buy in a little shop near the hotel a walking map.

Val Gardena