Most amazing trip ever! India

Jaipur Travel Blog

I went for 6 weeks, I had no Idea what to expect. I packed a backpack and headed to India with no Idea what to expect. My trip was New Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Varanasi, Kerala... to goa. Once I hit Kerala there was no going anywhere else. I changed my flight to fly from Kerala because I loved it that much.

I knew no matter what i would have to hit Varanasi because of what i saw and read, the place was so amazing, real, spiritual, grimey, horrific, beautiful and pure. I am a photographer so I knew that I would be in heaven with the colors, and images that will be etched in me forever. I was right, other then Kerala... Varanasi was the most amazing place Ive ever been. Perhaps the dirtiest too but I was in love.

Kerala was so different like night and day, north and south. While the overwhelming hustle and bustle dirty, crowed, poop everywhere scene was quickly forgotten once I was in pure air, on the beaches, fresh food, and the salty air while watching the sunsets. Some of the most amazing Ive ever seen in my lifetime. Kerala became my home for the next few weeks. Idecided to study ayurveda massage and not go to Goa. I feel like for once, I felt at home. Like I belonged somewhere finally. Ive never felt that way about anyplace not even my real home. The people I met, just everything. I was so at peace and any issues I had at home, Insomnia for 15yrs, acid reflux, headaches..... have all left me. It was like the air has cured me of me. Amazing, I never looked and felt so great in my life. India was truely magical! I had to cut my trip short because of a death in the family, I was so very sad to leave something I fell in love with but.... I had to say goodbye to someone I loved. 6 months Later Im booking my trip to finish where I left off. Here are a few pictures of my traveles.... Until july/2011 Ill be home soon!

missslstone says:
great little story, enjoy your return.
Posted on: May 03, 2011