A cold windy Friday in Taipei

Taipei Travel Blog

Embracing the cold temperature!!!

You can't find that in Singapore! Damn, how I love and miss Taipei weather.

It was around 15 degree celsius that day when we went to Shi Zheng Fu station. What's the attraction? The famous, Taipei 101 building.

Like any other tourists, Taipei 101 is a must-see! Of course depending on the weather and other issues. We were not able to get to the higher level of 88 floor because they were preparing for the New Year fireworks. (But I got to go to that floor during my 2nd trip there)

We were always up early and since 101 wasn't open at 10am, we dropped by Taipei Discovery Centre before going to 101. It was an educational experience, because like any discovery centre, they talked about the history of Taipei and Taipei's cultures.

Next up, Taipei 101 itself. The elevator was ... super fast! I had to swallow to release the pressure in my ears. It was a short trip. We had a mobile guided tour around the observatory and soon we were done. Went to New York New York for a break, looking at people walking around and then we shopped around the area for books. Their Daiso was much cheaper than the ones in Singapore!

That night we went to Wu Fen Pu, a huge market area which sells a lot of clothes with reasonable prices. That place was so messy that we lost our way trying to find our way back to the MRT station.

That was our 3rd day at Taipei. Lol.

The building around Taipei 101