Run For Home

Melbourne Travel Blog

We're finally back home after a brilliant trip.  We arrived back on an overnight flight from KL and had a smooth passage through immigration and customs at Melbourne a short wait for the bus into town and a train home.

The house looks in good shape - thank you house-sitters - and won't take long to locate our things from where we stored them and make the place feel like home.

It will only be when I go through my pictures that I will start to reflect on our travels but overall it was a fantastic trip.  Compared to our last Asia tour we did not visit as many well known places but possibly because of that I found it more enjoyable.  I liked everywhere we went.

Mongolia was a real expereience and somewhere I will have to visit again and our slow journey through northern China stopping off every other day a really great way to see the country.  Everest base camp could literally be a high point and a view I will remember for a long time.  Jordan must be one of the best places to spend 1-2 weeks and the sights, particularly Petra, one of the wonders of the world - but there is plenty of interest in the whole country.  Istanbul is now firmly one of my favourite cities (why I had not been before I have no idea) and Uzbekistan, when we finally managed to get there, a very pleasant surprise.  The sights live up to expectations and it is surprisingly easy to travel even if you speak no Russian.  Korea is a quirky gem of a country that seems to have been overlooked by mass tourism and is all the better for it, and I haven't even mentioned Latvia or Bulgaria .....

Riz7 says:
Oops ! Must have been late ....
Posted on: Nov 23, 2010