A Walk Around Florence

Florence Travel Blog

Another showery day greeted me in Florence and got myself up at 8.30 and had a quick breakfast of a banana and a yogurt.

Catherine had offered to show me around town in the morning, so we headed out, passing the cathedral and crossing the Ponte Vecchio (the old bridge covered in jewelery shops), Plazzo Pitti, Basil S.M. Novella, Fortezza Da Basso and Piazza Della Liberia. She had a few things to do in the afternoon, as she was getting an early flight out the next day, so she headed back to the hostel in the afternoon.

After she headed off, I picked up lunch from a supermarket consisting of a big slab of tomato covered focaccia, cherry tomatoes and some sliced meat thing (my Italian isn't great), then went to sit in Piazza Fra' G. Savonarola to eat.

In the afternoon, I wondered around Florence, heading up and down back streets, taking in the residential areas of Florence, as well as the main sights.

I returned to the hostel at about 7pm with very tired legs, then had the left-overs from yesterday for dinner and chatted to the other guests for a few hours, before booking the hostel in Venice and the checking train times for the next day.
Florence