Rest, Chores and The Old Town

Prague Travel Blog

All of the Czech guys departed (noisily) quite early in the morning, so after a few hours of dozing, I dragged myself up at 9ish. I was down to my last change of clothes, so needed to get some washing done pretty sharpish. The receptionist sent me over to their sister hostel, Chili, which was a 5 minute walk away. After picking up some breakfast, I made my way there and dropped off the washing, along with a rather expensive payment of €8 for one load, grr. I had a few hours to wait, so went for a walk around the immediate vicinity. It was a nice day (at last) so I enjoyed walking around without an umbrella and a waterproof jacket!

After dropping off my newly clean clothes at the hostel, I headed into the city centre and picked up a big sausage thing from a stand in Wenceslas Square. From there, I headed into the Old Town, past Power Tower, the Gothic Tyn Cathedral, the Astronomical Clock, Henry's Bell Tower and through some of the Jewish Quarter. Central Prague is a beautiful old city, which has embraced the tourist hordes, and boy, there were a lot of them!

On my way back to the hostel, I picked up some salad and some local cheese, cooked sausage and bread for dinner and popped into the train station to check train times and prices for Warsaw.

The hostel was rather quiet that night, so after eating, I called my parents and did a few things on t'internet before heading to bed.
Prague