Pisa to Florence

Pisa Travel Blog

I had a train to catch to Florence today, so didn't do too much in the morning; grabbed a coffee and a banana, sent a few emails and packed my bag, ready for the off.

I walked down to the station, as it wasn't very far, and picked up a ticket to Florence from a self service machine for a bargain €5.70. I also picked up a sandwich and a pastry for from the station, then headed to the train. The journey only lasted n hour or so and there was plenty of pretty scenery to keep me entertianed.

I managed to get a little confused at Florence train station, as I left from different exit to the one in my directions, so spent 20 mins wondering around looking for my bus! I finally found the right stop and caught the bus, which dropped me off just around the corner from the hostel.

I stayed at Dany House in Florence, which is a 10 minute walk North of the main city center. I was booked in by Dora, who showed me around the hostel and marked the main sights in Florence on a map for me. I was in a 7 bed dorm with 2 others that night, which cost between €15-16 per night.

After dumping my stuff, I walked down into the city center and wondered around, seeing the massive Cathedral Di Santa Maria Del Fiore, Gal Degci Offizi, Basil Di Santa Croce, amongst lots of others. I was surprised by how accurate the designers of the Assassins Creed 2 game got the buildings in Florence. I kept thinking how would I scale some of the buildings and cross between them!

At around 7, I started to make my way back to the hostel, stopping at a supermarket on the way to pick up dinner. I got some Prosciutto ham, mozzarella, salad and fresh bread. It all only cost about €5 and would last for 2 meals!

I ate in the dinning room, joining a number of other guests, including Migs and her friend, who were walking down to Rome and Catherine, an American girl who was waiting for her plane home, after finishing a semester studying in Florence.

After a nice evening chatting, I headed to my top bunk and sleep.
photo by: jsuuronen