A Cold and Wet Day in Prague

Prague Travel Blog

As I had a night bus to catch that evening, I needed to check out of the hostel by 11am, so after getting ready, I packed my bag and left in at reception. Before leaving, I booked my hostel in Warsaw and checked out buses from Warsaw to Vilnius.

The rain hadn't ceased, so it was still thrashing it down when I left. I was hoping to see some bits of the city I hadn't seen yet, but after spending 20 minutes in the heavy rain, I ducked into a local cafe for a coffee and a cake.

After an hour or so, the rain was still pouring on down, but not wanting to waste the day, I forced myself out into it. I only lasted another hour before the driving rain and the cold got to me. I made it to the botanical gardens and thought that was enough for the day, then headed back to the hostel. I found a free computer and spent the rest of the afternoon writing some blog posts (which I'm hopelessly behind with).

At about 6pm I headed out to pick up some food for the bus, for that evening and for the next morning, then picked up my bad and caught a metro to the bus station. The bus loaded at a different platform than on the ticket, which was rather confusing, as no one came over to get us! I put my bag into the hold and got my seat, which was going to be my home for the next 10 hours... The bus wasn't very busy, so there was no one sitting next to me, hurrah! The bus was relatively modern, but didn't have any mod-cons, but I wasn't expecting them at that price. I got chatting to a a very pretty Lithuanian girl sitting in the seat in front of me. She works in Prague, but was on the bus heading home for a holiday. We talked a bit about Lithuania and what I should do (and eat!) when I get to Vilnius. After a few hours it was time to try and sleep!
photo by: vulindlela