From Budapest To Prague

Prague Travel Blog

The next morning, the students were busying themselves with getting up, which seemed like a struggle after the night before. I was in no rush, so left them to it and got myself up at about 9. I had a train to catch later in the day, so after getting myself sorted, I headed to the nearest Spar to pick up breakfast and something for lunch on the train.

I caught the train at 1.30PM and the journey was pretty uneventful, apart from all the rain! It passed a very full Danube, lots of green hills (or mountains if you're Hungarian) and pretty towns nestled in the countryside. The rain thankfully stopped after crossing the border to the Czech Republic.

I arrived in a dry Prague at around 9pm. The directions to the hostel called for getting a tram, but the trams weren't working that evening and there was a bus replacement service instead. I got on the bus with the same number as the tram I should have got, which headed in the right direction to start with, then looped back on itself and drove past the station in the opposite direction. Quite puzzled, I got off at the next stop and found timetables for the replacement buses, none of which appeared to go in the direction I wanted. Great. I got on the next bus back to the station, then walked to the hostel from there.

20 minutes later, I arrived at Crib 15 Hostel, which is just a few minutes away from Wenceslas Square. The hostel seemed be quite big, but lacked an atmosphere. I found half a dozen half-naked Czech guys in my dorm room, who were preparing to go to bed. My bed hadn't been made, so I went down to reception to get some clean ones. After updating Facebook and sending a few emails, I headed to bed mysef.

Prague Hostels review
Crib 15 Hostel is in a pretty good location, but it's quite big and lacks an atmosphere. It was okay for a few nights, but I'm not sure I would want t… read entire review
Prague