Monev of the Lombok's Gili

Lombok Travel Blog

After we reached Soekarno-Hatta Airport in the early morning, we picked of Denpasar and Lombok for our next journey.  At least 3 hours from Jakarta, we've got Selaparang Airport and then got a rent car of Marine Fisheries of Lombok region.  Nice weather and nice atmosphere when we touched the Lombok's land.  I saw a small city over here, it had some characteristic of the ancient cultural.  Yeah, Lombok was old brother of Bali and we arrived over here with a fulfill of impressions.

Only 15 minutes, we got Jayakarta Beach Resort for our homestay while we had to finish our main purpose.  I had no patient again, when i saw a beautiful beach when got in the evening time.  I watched The great of Mount Agung on the Southwest, and Rinjani on Northwest.  It was a great time to complete of our journey.

On the morning, we gone to Lombok Barat to start our object.  Only 2 hours, we had to continue with a boat across to Gili Gede and Gili Rengit points.  With indigenous guide who lived surrounding Gili Gede, we dived surrounding artificial reef that sank after a year ago.  We need  more than 2 hours to complete our first objects, monitoring of Artificial Reef (coral transplantation) and coral fishes that lived to make a harmony with some new corals.

Gili Rengit was our second object.  We found a good combinations of marine life, coral reef and coastal ecosystem.  I recorded with an illustration on my note, my camera, and my mind.  According of my quick count, i can describe for coral reef and fishes too.  At least, i found more than 30 species of coral, 15 species of sponge, 60 species of fishes, and 16 species of other marine life, such as gastropods and hydroids. Wao, it was my long time for diving to describe of marine life in Gili Rengit.

Unfortunately, we're only a few day to observe a half region in Lombok.  But, i can still remember about the ancient story over here.  it talked to me for the Ancient disaster, the eruption of Tambora (has exploded in 1815) which had a stratovolcano type.  Because this mount, i knew "a year without a summer in 1816"...

Yeah, we had to be back....but, i'll be back for tambora and rinjani again...:-)