Bistrot Mosaico Aeropuerto

Mexico City Travel Blog

While awaiting my plane in the Mexico City Distrito Federal Airport, I grabbed a quick bite of lunch at an interior bistro.  The place was empty for the most part as it was early.  I had the time and the space to spread out, complete some notes and order a cafe and a small plate.  While waiting for the food, I took out my sketchbook and started taking in the scene.  I liked the dark wood which contrasted the white clothes, plates and walls for a feel of elegance.

As I was doodling away, people started to come in for the normal meal time and my seclusion was surrendered.  I still maintained the sketch as an empty nest even though by the end of the drawing near every chair was occupied.

Sketch book secured, I enjoyed my meal and my cafe (con un poco de leche).  Time was near so I covered the check and proceeded on my way to my gate.

Now that I look at it, the chairs remind me of the chair in the Van Gogh painting the Bedroom at Arles.  I wonder if that was what started me to give this scene a go.

nyprne says:
Thank you, Kora! It continues to be a work in progress.
Posted on: Oct 03, 2011
Koralifix says:
Congrats on having this wonderful blog featured! Well-deserved!
Posted on: Oct 03, 2011