El Caballo de Guernika

Madrid Travel Blog

"El Caballo de Guernica" Drawn onsite at El Museo Nacional de Arte Reina SofĂ­a in Madrid, Spain

In the late nineties, I was all about Picasso.  I sketched so many of his works mainly from his early period.

I appreciated his later works in cubism but I was more drawn to his previous approaches.  When I learned the history of his Guernica work I began to make study sketches of the individual elements of the greater work.

This sketch represents one of my attempts of the horse.

I had the pleasure seeing the original work in person at el Museo Reina Sofia in Madrid.  I viewed the works of that museum until my feet hurt and then I stayed some more.

Opening Hours
Sabatini and Nouvel Buildings

• Monday to Saturday: 10:00 – 21:00 h
  • Sundays: 10:00 – 14:30 h
  • Tuesdays: Closed
  • Finding the Museum

Ticket Offices close fifteen minutes before closing time. Visitors are kindly asked to clear the galleries 15 minutes before the Museum closes.

Site for the National Museum of Art Reina Sofia in Madrid, Spain

nyprne says:
@Amber, thank you! I love your work!

@Taty, Obrigado! Pronto para o jogo desta noite de futebol?

@Sam, Thank you kindly! Would love to see some of your work!

@Stig, Thanks! I may have to draw you being chased by the driver of a Tuk Tuk. Hard to escape that visual from your most memorable moments in your profile. Be well!
esterrene says:
Congrats hector on being featured! Great Blog ;P
bohemiaworld says:
nice blog ! congrats on the feature ..... love picasso by the way and have tried sketching some of his work but i think i need more practise !!
Posted on: Oct 03, 2011
El Caballo de Guernica  Drawn on…
"El Caballo de Guernica" Drawn o…
photo by: vulindlela