trip to cambara do sul

Sao Francisco de Paula Travel Blog

out of the bus
the bus left at 5 a.m. in porto alegre (thats early) it was all dark when i left the hotel, luckely the rodoviaria was just about 500m away. the bus was diffrent from what i was used upto now, smaller and much older, there was no luggage space underneith, so i had to take it inside the bus, but it didn't fit into the space above, so it went on my neighbour seat, at the beginning the bus was empty but that changed, there were many who used that bus to get to work, not like those overland buses i was used! they had two people working, one the driver and one who went to everyone the make tickets, the bus got more and more crowded upto were they all had to stand, and my suitcase still used one of those precious seats, i felt so bad, but noone looked at me in an angry way! as i read in my travelbook, i booked the seat on the side where there was no direct sun (in brasil you have sun on the right side in the morning towards north and on the left in the afternoon, towards south the opposite, that is importand if you want to see something without curtains to protect your eyes!) the countryside was very diffrent from what you picture when you think about brasil, lots of hills and plants like where i'm from in switzerland, there is this cowboy-charme everywhere! after about 3 hours i arrived in sao francisco de paula where i had to change the bus, but because noone told me that, i stayd on my seat and drove towards the bus-garage, the lovely man who sold the tickets asked me kindly what i still do in here and helped me out, i was a bit confused but i managed to get to my next bus to cambara, that bus was far more comfortable and they had space for my suitcase, seen then i didn't took that for granted anymore!
Sao Francisco de Paula