sao paulo

Sao Paulo Travel Blog

Hi Hostel praca das arvores
i was invited to celebrate chrismas with the families of my friends, so i headed back to sao paulo, but this time i stayed at a hostel, because my friends went to curitiba, like the moment i came from there, well nevermind the HI hostel praca das arvores was just round the corner of my friends place, so i knew the surroundings quite well! that hostel was very cool, the people who "worked" there were awsome! and i met my kansas friend who i got to know 1month ago, that was cool! we had to get our visa extendet so we did that together, i was glad that this time it worked out with no proplems!
that hostel was the best place to find travellbuddies, that place is full of stranded and weird people, the best place the hear funny travellstories! i stayed there for more than 2 weeks, because i sort of just saw my friends during chrismas and that was it (it felt a bit weird, but i didn't care!)
during my time there i went to liberdade (the japanese town) sao paulo has the biggest japanese population outside japan, so sushi for brazilian prices great!!! that day it rained like mad, and i bought myself the most horried umbrella for 8r$!
but most of the time, we just hanged around the hostel,  and watched  pirate movies other trav.
x-mas in the summertime
  left there!(well i tryed to borrow non pirate ones but that hostel dvdplayer just plays pirate one! true!), before chrismas i got invited to a speach of my friends brother who just finished his archidect studies, so i represented my friends there! i felt honored to be there it was very interessting to see what he did!
at chrismas i was invited at both families, they both had turkey for dinner, i never really had a propper turkey before, back home we have fondue chinoise (with meat or fish and vetables) almost every year like every other swiss houshold! but it didn't felt like chrismas, it was hot! and the decoration, please fake european needle trees didn't made it for me! i expected decorated palmtrees not fake snowmens and stuff that was too weird for me! anyway i enjoyed my time with the families that was very nice!
after the 25th i went back to the hostel, there i made new friends, and i learned a lot of stuff like playing chess and poker!

Hi Hostel