ilha do mel

Ilha do Mel Travel Blog

such a lovely place!
i got to this island via curitiba, from there i took a bus to pontal do sul, you can also get to the island via paranagua, but that takes longer, i didn't even ask for a specific place i just said ilha do mel to the ticket seller. the bus took about 2 and a bit hours, it was already 8 something and dark, there was just one more woman in the bus who asked me where i planned to go, i said ilha do mel, she then said that there was no more ship for today (i kind of accpected that and thought that i'll just sleep in a pousada on the harbor) but she invited me to come with her on a small speedboat and i didn't even had to pay anything! so thats how i got to the island, i found the hostel easily and they had plenty of beds left! at the same night i got invited in the hostel to a churrasco with plenty of caipirinha, that was cool, i got to meet a bunch of nice people from around the world! there was a group of germans there who told me that they spent a hell lot of money to get to this island!

next day i just wonderd around myside of the island, what a paradis place!!! i forgott to cream my feet (big mistake!) they didn't turn red, they turned pink!! but part from that i had a great day!

next day i joined the germans for a boat trip to see dolphins, we had a very funny driver who made us clear what this island really is about: maconha!! (marihuana) everything was tranquilo untill he suddenly needed money , he disappeared for a moment and than everything became tranquilo again!
the weather wasn't the best but we had the chance to see a nice bunch of dolphins!
after that day i went to the otherside of the island (brasilia) by boat (cause it is a tough way on foot, you have to climb over big rocks around a mountain to get there!) there i surched for an internet place, i found a bunch of very charming pousadas with hammocks everywhere! my internet place was charming as well but very expensiv! i payd 8r$ for not even an hour (ususally between 2 and 3r$ an hour)! the rest of my stay i just hanged around those amasing beaches!
Sunflower300 says:
I hope to go here maybe over New Year, but I'm not sure, maybe just after New Year would be better, less people. I'm glad you went here.
Posted on: Dec 03, 2011