curitiba

Curitiba Travel Blog

bus station
after my first ever overland bus-journey of 6 hours from sao paulo i arrived in curitba. it was already dark and i didn't have any reservation for a hotel, i managed to get on the right bus and to get off at the right stop (lucky me!) where i knew was a hostel, a taxi driver showed me where, it was just about fifty meters to walk so now time to get scared! it wasn't season so i got a bed easily! in my room i met a very nice girl from japan who spoke perfect german and a swiss girl! you go that far and the first you meet comes from your place!
that night i stayed at the hostel there was a concert from a harf player in the hostelkitchen!
next morning a girl arrived who just had a soap accident!
i didn't had any plans realy so i just walked around, the girls from my room told me there was not much to see, well they were unlucky with the weather, i had more luck and i was excited, i discovered the historical center on the hill and the shopping aera just beneath, where i found an antic camera for my sister! of course i payed to much and that was just before my financal problems started! i tried to get money, but that didn't work so i tried another bank, still the same, after about five other banks i went to an internet place to see by internetbanking if there is still money on my acount or what, but that was all alright so i bought an international phone card to call the bank! but instead of helping me they asked for my identity untill the card was finished!! i got very angry, then i went again to an internetplace to write my sister that they have to put money on another acount so i can get money, well luckely that worked, but with that card i couln't get money everywhere! (problems i had later on)
after my money confusion day i went home to the hostel were i met the soap-girl, that night we were invited by some guys from londrina who cooked us a nice dinner and tried to teach us some more portuguese!
next day i went on the tourist bus (a touristic but good way to see the whole town) were i went to the famous conservatory and its park, where you have a nice view of the city.
Hostel dinner
i also stopped by the niemeyer museum of modern art where they had a picasso special. on that bus you see all those amasing big parkes and you know why curitiba is the green capitol of south america!
next day my soap friend sara and i got lost in the very good bus sistem of curitiba we didn't get!! so we went to another place a small park with a tiny lake and tiny zoo, but not a nice one!
the most famous landmark