bus trip

Itubera Travel Blog

lunch break
my bus left itacare at about 9 o'clock, i just managed to buy a local chocolate specialty in small shop in the center. almost everything was still sleepy in this town!
the bus was not the newest one but ok, i sat in the front row so i could see a lot more! but i had a big neighbour in the seat next to me who took all my space! the road was not a proper road just a farmer road! the whole distance the bus was very shaky and it took ages to get to an normal street again! but i really liked the tiny villages and the countryside you pass on that trip, the real bahian life! the bus driver knew everyone that stepped on and the stopped almost at every house the passed! after about 3 or 4 hours they turned into the highway again and drove to the next rodoviaria to itubera. there i had to wait for my next bus for about 2 hours! so i had plenty of time staring at the people that were around! i bought myself a chicken sandwich in one of the lanchenettes you find in every rodoviaria and everywhere else in brazil! and a good suco (juice)!
the next bus was nothing special, it took about another 3or 4 hours to valenca, where my kansas friends where waiting for me!
shaky road