Nothing special

Santa Cruz de Tenerife Travel Blog

After our interneting time we wandered around the city a bit and ended up having a great pizza lunch with salad.  Kim even ordered it all in Spanish.  It was right at a neat market which we walked through a bit.  Around this time we found ourselves in the middle of the siesta problem.  In the afternoons many of the shops will close for several hours before opening again in the evening.  This was a problem for me in Spain in the past as well since I enjoy sleeping in on my vacations.  After I wake there´s only a short time to get things done before things start to close.

It wasn´t too troublesome for us today though.  We did find an art museum with what we thought would be a great Picasso exhibit, but since it is Monday the museum was closed.  Pretty standard practice, but a bummer that this was our only day in town.

We looked around a bit and then had drinks by the dock, overlooking the boats.  Once back on board we relaxed a bit.

Although the day wasn´t all that exciting we had a good, relaxed, day.

The internet on the ship sucks.  It´s really expensive $.65/min and you can´t upload photos or videos from their computers.  We bought a bulk of minutes to get our rate down to $.50/min but we´re burning through that quickly.  We decided to start today in Tenerife with some internet time and headed directly to the first face we could find.  I´m loading videos and photos, checking email and double checking bank information as fast as I can because I don´t want to spend the whole day in front of the computer, but it feels good catching up with family and letting them know we´re alive.  It´s amazing how addicted I am to the internet.

We´ll go out to tour the city soon but may not post again for several days since we have a set up a scuba trip for tomorrow and won´t again be in port until Cadiz.
Ross-Ann says:
Well done Brian. What a smoothie!! Took you long enough?
Congratulations,