Great boat

Atlantic Ocean Travel Blog

Our days at sea have been great.  Each day involved sleeping in (until 2 pm on one ocassion) then reading and relaxing in the sun before it was time to go to dinner, have some drinks, dance a bit and enjoy ourselves.  We have been a part of many of the cruise activities including Tengo and Salsa Dancing and a belly flop contes.  We also did the Myster Dinner Theater and have been working out almost daily.  The ship´s Fab Abs class has caused me some pain, but nothing a few beers and a hot tub can´t fix.

The pool deck has pleanty of chairs to relax on.  We haven´t had difficulty finding a place to sit even with so many passengers on board.  They even have an adult only area which has a little less wind, and some pads on the deck chairs so you´re more comfortable just sitting and reading for hours on end.  During many afternoons they have some pool games like Belly Flop Contest, Hairy Legs, Vollyball etc which are fun to watch.  Kim talked me into doing the belly flop contest.  I didn´t win, but I did get a ball cap.

Up on the top deck there´s mini-golf and rock climbing.  I haven´t tried the rock climbing yet but plan to.  They have an inline skate track, and an ice rink.  Unfortunately the ice rink is only open in the mornings for skating and I´ve been asleep then.  We heard that one passenger broke her leg skating and had to be left at our first port...bummer.

Our experience with Royal Carribean has been great.  They´re at the top of my list of cruise companies now.  I like how they run things because there´s always something for us to do, and somewhere we want to be.  We found a great pub on board where they even serve some irish beers on tap.  It´s called the Duck and Dog and is a fun place to hang out for a bit.  Dinner has been wonderful every night.  Chris from the Phillipeans and Sherryann from Jamica take good care of us.  The food has been great and they always seem to be offering some kind of Indian curry or vegetable dish.  While I can rarely pass up a steak, pork, or duck dish, the Indian food has always caught my eye.

Our first couple of nights they had some comedians who were really funny.  Even the PG show was really funny.  We actually met one of them, Carl Banks, in the elevator several hours before the show.  He was a nice guy, and funny even when not on stage.

Kim´s been taking a lot of photos and should have a few on her blog.  My camera broke so I´ll buy a new one on the boat before we get to Spain, but that´s why there aren´t as many photos on my blogs.

Tomorrow we have our first stop after 6 solid days on the ship.  The island of La Palma in the Canary Islands is a small island building from a large series of volcanos sticking out from the ocean.  It is part of Spain so that will make things easy for currency converstion issues.

Atlantic Ocean Nightlife & Entertainment review
Great time, and great value
At first look the myster dinner theater night on a cruise ship may seem a bit like a half made production to get some extra money, but the $54/pp is w… read entire review
Atlantic Ocean