Time to pack

Denver Travel Blog

We decided to start our packing today. There were two reason for this: a)Kim has to work late most nights this week and won't have much time to pack during the week and; b) We were so excited to see the trip coming together. Our plan is to have 1 carry-on size backpack style bag each. These will be to get around Spain on the second half of our trip. Additionally we will have one or two larger bags, one of which would be a garment bag. These two 'checked bags' would be to carry additional items we will need for our cruise.

There's no question that this is a bit of an overkill, but during the cruise there are several formal nights. We want to dress in business casual clothing during the dinners because we enjoy the formal dining rooms and don't want to be too casual. During the days and the shore events we of course can dress down, in clothing very similar to what we'll wear in Spain daily, however there's a lot of clothing we'll only use on the cruise.

Our plan is that we'll drop the larger bag(s) at the Barcelona Airport when we fly to Seville.  When we re-pack at the end of the cruise we'll pack everything we don't want with us in the larger bag(s) and then lock it up at the airport.

As I went through my stuff I started to get the feeling that we were never going to fit it into our bags.  Kim and I spread all of our clothing and items out on the dining room table...there was a lot of it.  It's going to take some work to get it all in there.
photo by: crystalware