AsiaIndiaJodhpur

Meherangarh Fort and some thoughts

Jodhpur Travel Blog

Meherangarh Fort

The Meherangarh Fort is a true beauty that entirely dominates the blue city of Jodhpur. It´s lovely to wander through this grand building, relax in one of the many delicate courtyards, look through the numerous holes in the wall that provide a cooling for one´s exhausted body and soul. And then - after having marveled at the fort itself with its uniqueness and superbly presented displays of memorabilia - you can simply enjoy the view of the blue city that lies deep below and listen to its hums of rickshaw horns and hive of activity. Above the roofs of the city a soft wind caresses my mind.

After the Meherangarh Fort I walk through the beautiful streets of old Jodhpur with a carefree mind. I wish I could walk through every street and every small alley.

Jaswant Thada
When my feet get tired I just sit down next to the street and let the atmosphere of life float past me. India is a land of milk and honey and becomes more and more like a dreamland, in which a great feeling, a beauty comes close on the heels of another. It´s like a spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings.

An elder guy sits next to me and wants to read my palm. When he smiles he reveals a mouth full of tobacco and brown teeth that seem to be falling out every second. He takes my hand in his and takes his time to predict my future. He squeezes and strokes and feels every inch of my hand, looks at every wrinkle and finally says: “You will have beautiful wife, lots of money and good toilet.”

When walking through a beautiful place like Jodhpur there is nothing to do but to slow down, relax, laze, to become one vast transparent eye.

Moti Mahal
The dusky light, flickering, mysterious, friendly, close together, united. India is not about parties, it´s not about binge drinking, it´s about a positive and affirmative attitude towards life. India lets you feel life and you experience it with every fiber of your body, intensely. Blue is a beautiful colour. The Fort standing on a sheer rock and all around the houses refresh themselves with its beauty and are at the same time so beautiful themselves. Jodhpur simply has to be praised. Life is boiling. It´s bubbling. Simple yet so complex.

The soul of the Indian people. What if the whole world would be Indian? I think it would be a better place.

Children with big eyes, with dreams and fantasies. Always sharing everything for the benefit of their whole family. The indispensable attentiveness towards the foreigner, the friendly and natural acceptance.  You wish you could grab every moment, put it in a box and keep it for a rainy day, then take it out and let it delight you anew.

anupa_rk says:
You have some AWEsome pictures on this blog :) Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed reading.
Posted on: May 02, 2010
Adrian_Liston says:
I really enjoyed this blog, thank you.
Posted on: May 02, 2010
colours
a blue street in Jodhpur
a blue street in Jodhpur
Jodhpur
my T-shirt after Holi celebrations…
my T-shirt after Holi celebration…
photo by: lrecht