The green, laid back, party-full Goa....

Anjuna Travel Blog

Our ride through Goa was at lightning speed, but that didn't make it less enjoyable. After a Full day train ride from Mumbai, going through luscious forests and landscapes, which Alex enjoyed more fully than me, since i was still a bit jet lagged, we arrived in Anjuna, Goa. At our arrival at the hostel we met another travel buddy from Denmark, who had suggested our stay.

This was quite a colorful stay, my first encounter with shared bathrooms, tiny frogs to accompany our showers just to name a few. We decided however to make the best of it. On Wednesday morning we had the joy of being there for the famous Wednesday market, which, after spending 3 months in India and seeing numerous markets, still ranks as the #1 market in my opinion.

On our way to the market Alex and I were exposed to the first of countless scams typical of an India Journey: A Snake Charmer that tried to charge us 600 rupees just for taking a picture next to him ( 50 rupees would have been more than enough I later found out) :D. Our way to the market was also paved with sun bathing cows, next to topless tourists.

The Market had two very interesting sides, for one there were endless stalls with beautiful silver jewelry, fabrics, spices, art and so on that were too beautiful to pass up, at least for a shopaholic. On the other hand, were the colourful wanderers of this place. The market was also a meeting place for displaced, hippies and colourful characters that have made of this colourful place a Home. Our journey was completed with luscious fruity drinks on the Beach Shore on a Thai Style place to watch the sunset on the beach. And A delicious but way too expensive fresh fish dinner on the way back to the hotel... My recommendation: Never ask for the Special of the Day without asking for the price first ( The may and they will charge you twice as much as any dish on the menu)

That was it for Anjuna... by the next morning we would be on our way to Panjim the State Capital

wanderingtiger_sam says:
Nice words..!!
Posted on: Jul 26, 2011
With Travel buddy Alex
With Travel buddy Alex
Anjuna Hotels & Accommodations review
Unless you don't mind taking showers with cute little froggies and sharing a not clean at all bathroom then do stay here....
photo by: msarkar2810