Terminal

Heathrow Travel Blog

Terminal 1

Pilot had said on the way down we would arrive early, but it was not to be as we circled about somewhere northwest of London for 15 minutes and we landed at 8-10 at Terminal 1. Still it was more than two and a half hours to wait for the onward flight to Moscow. I decided to go out for a bit, as I hate hanging about in airports, always feel like Tom Hanks wandering about in Terminal.  Wife and kids went through the flight connections channel, as the next flight was leaving from the same terminal. Spent about an hour kicking about outside before deciding to head back through security.

phoned the wife and found out where they were, so by the time I got through there was a mug of tea waiting for me in Cafe Est :-). Daughter wasn't enjoying the early start, and could barely stay awake at the table :D. Went to the Duty Free Shop and then got some bottles of coke for the plane. Even though there were complimentary drinks and food they always take ages to get round to YOU, so I like to take my own anyway.

Relatively painless three and a half hour flight to Moscow and there was no air traffic control problems and we got to land about 20 minutes early.

Mezmerized says: