Lima

Lima Travel Blog

What a crazy city.

i got in pretty late last night. Our flight was delayed on the runway for an hour due to bad weather. Cue nervous Mike. No sleep on the plane, and then no sleep in my chosen hostel because french people can't hold their liquor. Or something. All i know is that the french group next door was partying hard until 4, puking hard until 5, and then shouting hard on the phone at 630. Cue finding a new place to stay.

Anyway, Lima...wow. One day here and im already taking back all the shit ive said about NYC. At least we have traffic lights, pedestrian lights, and (mostly) non homicidal drivers.  Oh and emission regulations. Still, adventures crossing the street aside, its pretty cool here. I'm adrift in a sea of Spanish language, and ive been able to amuse the locals with my lame attempts at communicating in a form other than English.

Not sure how many more days i will be here, Arequipa and it's outdoor mysteries are calling to me.
jenniferballestpz says:
It's true, drivers in Lima are insane but at least you didn't get run over :-)
Posted on: Mar 05, 2012
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
congrats!
Posted on: Feb 08, 2012
wolfrelic says:
I stayed at the Frankenstien in Cusco, 2 blocks from the Plaza. I liked it a lot. What sort of tips would you like?
Posted on: May 22, 2010