Day 22 of Australia Adventure - Fraser Island., Australia - May 8th 2010

Fraser Island Travel Blog

Day 22 of Australia Adventure - Fraser Island., Australia   - May 8th 2010

This morning get up and get my things ready as we are leaving the country homestead. Ariel is still very asleep and is very out cold. Go down and have breakfast this morning with everyone, seems like everyone heard Ariel the night before.
This morning get to see the owner of the farm take off in his helicopter to go check out his fields.
As we are about to board the bus, the owner and Dan have to go shake Ariel to get him out of bed, mr party animal. He gets up and gets ready for the day as well, very funny.

We then head off in the bus for a few hours, till stopping at some pie place for too long break. Not interested in buying any pies today. Then we are off to the town of Harvey Bay where we are stuck for 2 hours at the mall.

EcoLodge
  Some of us go for lunch at the nearby Subway, I have a foot long roastbeef. Then we all head into the local bottle shop to which I buy a bottle of Canadian Club for tonight in the Ecolodge, perhaps a party tonight.
Afterwards we all board the ferry to take us to the Fraser Island. On going across it starts to rain and is very windy all the way there, however I am able to see a rainbow on route.
We arrive in Fraser Island and check into our ecolodges which are very nice actually.
Later on we are all playing cards and playing silly drinking games in the Ecolodge, to which I over drink tonight. I end up drinking the whole bottle of Canadian Club with Ginger Ale. Then I am still able to walk and make it to the one hour eco walk near the water way. Here we are guided by a professional and see some crabs and stingrays, quite amazing. I am quite amazed I was able to walk the whole way, as I had drank way too much that evening.
From there, take the shuttle back to the ecolodge and to bed as no more drinking tonight.
Overall a good experience though. Tomorrow morning we go for

View more information at my travel blog i.e. www.excitingworldtravels.com

some pie place