Day 12 of Australia Adventure - Uluru , Australia - April 28th 2010

Uluru - Kata Tjuta Travel Blog

Day 12 of Australia Adventure - Uluru , Australia   - April 28th 2010

Wake up this fine morning all rested, had to do a 4am bathroom stop, in which I do not think I woke anyone up. For some reason I found this experience to be very good.
Anyways 4 of us go for breakfast early as we are going to go quad biking today. It is me, Brian, Carin, and Lauren for Quad biking. BK is bacon and eggs and is very good.
We join up with our guide for the quad biking and get a lesson on how to operate them, never been on one before. We then all head out on a bunch of trails and try all types of terrain on the ATV. Going up some hills and down, to going up dirt roads and just gunning on the gas and going fast. At one point we make it to a lookout point that over looks the great outback, quite amazing.

going off on the quad bikes
We then make it all back to main camp where rest of the group is just starting to get ready. So clean up after that excursion and then it is on to the bus as we are heading down to Uluru today for some more great adventures.

We make a roadside stop at a place called Mt Conner which is a flat mountain that just appears in the middle of no where in the desert. A great site of mystery and wonder. Across the road is a dried up lake that is nothing but sand, apparently would be almost too hot to walk across it. Seems safe at this distance but who knows how it would be for one to be actually there.

Later on, we arrive into the town of Uluru and stop at a shopping centre for a lunch stop. Go for lunch with Brian in a shop and have a chicken salad and a juice today. Then make my way to a gift shop and buy some souvenirs, from a boomerang, shirts and post cards.

Then back to the bus, in which german Christoph brings on board opened cans of sardines and an old sandel that smells. Right way he is banned from bringing sardines onto the bus and his sandle is disposed of.

We then make our way to do another adventure. We head off to see the Olgas, a major site of this area. The Olgas are big red rocks and form a valley inside. We stop and do a hike of a Walpa Gorge area. The scenary is very stunning and amazing. We walk right to the inside of the gorge, the flies here are bad, in which they climb all over you even when your walking. Overall an amazing place though.

Then it is back and check in to our lodging which is highly basic, room is like a jail cell and bathroom and shower is in separate building. We go for a walk back to the supermarket and get some more snacks and I use that as a cheap dinner tonight, and save some cash.
Just take it easy this evening and make some phone calls, then it is early to bed tonight as we have early start in morning to catch sunrise over Ayers Rock.

View more information at my travel blog i.e. www.excitingworldtravels.com

morning of swags
nice flower
nice flower
ticket to the Ayers Rock park
ticket to the Ayers Rock park
Ayers rock in distance , will see …
Ayers rock in distance , will see…
at the Olgas
at the Olgas
hiking the Olgas
hiking the Olgas
me at the Olgas
me at the Olgas
nice rocks at Olgas
nice rocks at Olgas
hiking path to the middle of the O…
hiking path to the middle of the …
everyone hiking to Olgas