Manhattan, New York

Weehawken Travel Blog

View from JFK Boulevard East.
There are a few things I love more than hung around Manhattan. Everything is possible there, I just had a drink next to Marc Jacobs the other night, pretty cool, ha !
Now I want to tell my little secrets in the city that never sleeps.
My FAB view of the city must be right outside of the city, from Jersey. Pick a sunny day to get the best pictures or a clear afternoon; best time: catch the Sun sets reflection in the skyline.
By bus:
Go to the Port Authority in 42 and 8, you will find some mini buses in a parking or over 42nd right next to Duane Reade, ask for the one that goes by JFK Boulevard East, it will cost you 5 dollars, but it's worth it, you can also take a bus in port authority but I recommend this one because they let you get on and off in any corner.
Night View of the city that never sleeps.
Make sure you sit in the right hand side of the bus in a window.... 4 or 5 minutes after you pass the Lincoln Tunnel you will see the island of Manhattan as you always imagine it and saw it in the movies ! Let your driver pass Weehawken and drive by west New York, I recommend you to get off around 46, 47 street you will find the nicest view !... But my favorite is by 75 to 79 Street next to the north Hudson park as the latinos call: " El parque de la 80" because if finished in the 80th Street.
If you drive:
Take River Road right after get off the tunnel, it is by the water and you can just park and watch that amazing view from your car, this road will take you all the way to the George Washington Bridge that is my second suggestion !
It is just beautiful cross the bridge walking or driving, by the way the busses that take you all the way to the 80th Street, will tell you how to get the bus that goes trough Fort Lee and take you back to Manhattan by the bridge, trust me, they are very helpful !
There is also a park in the Manhattan side under the Washington Bridge that I'd seen people fishing and working out from summer to winter and a driving road in the Jersey side that is worth the drive.

the whole tour by bus will be about 2 hours, but driving all depends in the time because you know NY tunnel's and bridge's traffic can be horrible many parts of the day !
Walking or biking though the Bridge is phenomenal, you will fell how the energy of the city commutes up and down the bridge; day and night, it is breath taking !!!

Enjoy the best view of Manhattan. I used to see it every day and night in my way home, while I live there. Never underestimate your drive home !

View from JFK Boulevard East.
Night View of the city that never …
Night View of the city that never…
photo by: hugommvarela