Going back to NY

Dusseldorf Travel Blog

I wonder of that really works?
After having friends over from Istanbul, London and Canada for a long weekend of celebrations my mind was set in having a blast in my old town NYC.
I left Germany and it was so amazing to find find smiling people in the plane again, I missed the " fake/natural " friendliness of the American people; " Welcome on board, that is a lovely shirt you are wearing Mr. Restrepo, would you like something to drink? - and a bright smile ; ) " .... Oh I miss this treatment after living in Germany for only 3 months... lol
The next thing I heard was; " Yes Madam, those regulations were set up after September 11. Yes, I am sorry " ... Exactly what you don't want to heard in your flight to NYC, but nothing you can do then, just sit comfortable and enjoy your Champagne that thanks to Ryan we got an upgrade to business, thanks honey !

While in the flight I went trough some magazines and here it was all the US junk you can only find there !
So funny to find again a wrap for your headache and a plant-Pot that is also a kitten house.
.. Hilarious !!!

In this trip I have my mind clear...

1. Sushi at Tomoe. The best sushi in the world.
2. Desert ( Banana pudding ) in Magnolia bakery
3. Brunch in Pastis, however I must say I was very disappointed this time, the food was awful and there is so much now in the meat packing district that I must take it out the list for future trips.
4. Walking the High Line, my first time! ... There is always something new in NY, that is the best part.
5. Broadway.
... oh...Wait, wait, wait.... Number A-1: must be Soho shopping, there is no other place in earth to shop like Soho... there is always a SALE.
NY is the best place to go shopping not only because of the sales but because you will always find fun fashionable stuff to wear anywhere in the world and in any climate.
... Sexy.... Not !
If you are looking for designer discounts, Century 21 has it all for you, I recommend the Shoes store that is right beside the big store, just go with a little bit of patient and at least 2 with hours there you will get nice BOSS working shoes, NIKE sinkers and going out DKNY shoes for something like $120 for 3 of them !

There is also the amazing food and the smily service... If you have reservations of course !

Even though this time I missed the Central Park and 5th avenue, I walked Soho, Chelsea, the East and West Village and the Meat packing district... and visit my friend in hells kitchen before we hit Broadway. I saw Pam Ann for first time and I will see her again, just don't bring your children can be raunchy at times... lol

I went for drinks to this new place called Park where I found Marc Jacobs sitting next to me, looking Fab ! .
He-he-he
.. I had the best view drinks at the Top of the Standard, that place is out of this world, make sure you bring your best outfit and your wallet full of cash, as we paid $89 for a Coffe, 2 beers and a glas of water. I am not going to tell you how much was the Champagne... But the view and the ambiance it was worth it every penny.

Although Pastis disappointed me this time, I love the food at Balthazar in Soho that is always good, but my favorite restaurant always will be Tomoes in 172 Thompson St, a bit pricey and very busy sushi mecca, is long considered one of the best in town, I will said one of the best in the world.

To bad my trip was so short, maybe next time I get to stay at least a week, -trust me is never enough time to see the big apple !
I lived there and been back for vacations 3 times and I still find new stuff and little corners, events and locations I never imagine they were there or they just came up like the High Line that is been open for less than a year, but what a lovely park in the middle of the concrete jungle ! The best part was that the Hotel is build over the line and it is genius, I wake up to the Hudson view, look down and it is the High Line park.
.. Adorable.

Come on !
It should come with a warning:
…
It should come with a warning: …
Dusseldorf