Planning and planning

Denver Travel Blog

Planning to be gone for a month is quite a challenge. Planning to pack for a month long trip is also a challenge. During our month-long trip we are cruising for 12 days and then backpacking around as a girl, packing is quite a challenge. For the cruise I need lots of different types of clothes, shoes, makeup, hair products etc. For Spain, I need to fit everything into a backpack. The good news is that we decided to check a bag once we disembark from the ship, so I can pack two ways for this trip.
A few notes on things I am looking forward to....

paddling the lagoon in Puerto Rico at night with the bioluminescence plankton
scuba diving in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
relaxing for a week at sea while crossing the Atlantic
driving through Andalusia
tapas and Rioja
eating in San Sebastian, seaside
Picasso museum in Barcelona
enjoying the Paseo

It is going to be wonderful!!!!
jart2b says:
OH Wow! that's something I never knew about--thanks! I have never taken a cruise, because of fear of motion sickness ( I get it pretty bad). , but the one way thing may be an option?? who knows? My boyfriend is always bugging me to go on a cruise. Spain is definately a dream destination, as his father was born there. Keep on enjoying, so I can keep dreaming..and reading :)
Posted on: May 22, 2010
quinnkim says:
We are actually flying home, the ship we came over on is spending the summer in the Mediterranean. It was less expensive to take the trans-atlantic cruise over then it was to fly, which is crazy but true. Hopefully the planes will be flying when we depart. For the trans-atlantic cruise they do them twice a year when they move the ships back and forth for the season, the next ones will be in Oct when the bring the ships back to the Caribbean. I definitely recommend you take one, it is awesome!
Posted on: May 21, 2010
jart2b says:
I am really enjoying your blog....I'm just curious if you are traveling back via cruise ship,and how did you arrange 12 days off of the ship in between sailings. If not how did you arrange to only cruise one way? Does either cost alot extra? thanks Jeanne
Posted on: May 18, 2010