Boracay Aug 2010
Boracay Travel Blog› entry 3 of 5 › view all entries
Below is a list of simple yet fun things to do while in Boracay island with your friends. You don't really need to spend much to enjoy the place, but I guess it would also depend on how fun, happy, and adventurous the people you are with... no issues, no fighting, no work problems, just plain and simple fun!! (numbers indicate photos taken)
1. have expensive but crappy breakfast at the domestic airport with friends...the fun part is sharing the food!
2-4. ride a small propeller jet plane to Caticlan airport (nearest Boracay)...don't worry, it's safe!
5. view the island on the left side of the plane (hello Boracay!)
7. walk alongside the beachfront stores, resorts, bars & restos
8. dine at D'Mall's casual fast food places for cheap prices
9. see the difference of a dim and cloudy day in Boracay... aah still beautiful!
10. take a walk on the soft sugary (and not so crowded) white sand of Boracay during lean season
11. have a drink with friends at happy hour in various bars/resorts located in the island
12, 36. have an early happy hour at Bar Lo at Two Seasons resort (the earliest in the island! starts 1pm!)
13. take funny pictures with friends on the wide beach front of Boracay
14. Our favorite snack: try the ISAW (BBQ street food) stand near Cocomangas.
15-18. have drinks at Juice bar, fun starts at 12mn
19. transfer to The Summer Place around 2am and parteeeey!
20, 24. have Mok prepare his special concoction for P1000 bucks (Phil peso) a bucket-full at The Summer Place
21-22, 25. try Mok's special concoction at The Summer Place, it's enough for everyone!
23. See how the staff pose almost by reflex when you point the cam at them haha (Mok and the staff at The Summer Place)
26. get tipsy or drunk in some bar... hey, it's a vacation! Let loose and have fun!
27. try the Shisha (waterpipe) with your friends at The Summer Place
28. jam with the DJs
29. wade / swim in the shallow and cool turquoise waters of Boracay island
30. enjoy an ice-cold refreshing drink at the beachfront
32. munch on some beef or gambas salpicao at Two Seasons or Waling-Waling resorts (the best I've tried in the island!)
33. parasail at sunset or around the island at a cheap rate (don't forget to bargain!)
34. join the diligent and dedicated staff of the resorts every Habagat (strong winds from the ocean) morning in picking up debris to make their beachfront clean and beautiful (by noon, it's all gone!)
35. order a yummy pizza as an afternoon snack at Cocomangas, Two Seasons, or at Hey Jude (the best I've tried in the island)
36. chillax with friends at a resort while discussing where to have dinner
37-38. do the tipsy-walk or dance in the sand hehe (...see the flying slipper!)
39. try using the self-timer of your cam and see what happens haha
40-42, 44-45, 56-58.
43. appreciate the big rooms of my favorite resort, Royal Park
46. try the refreshing Mojitos at Bar Lo of Two Seasons
47. be adventurous and order some tongue (beef) in a sizzling plate! Mmmm! (Two Seasons resort's Lengua Sisig)
48. get addicted to the margaritas (regular or frozen) at Bar Lo of Two Seasons ... and it's buy 1 take 1 on happy hour!
49, 60. have a crepe breakfast at Paradiso, yuuummm! .. their Filipino breakfast choices are great too accdg to my friends :)
50. order a cocktail by the pitcher at Guilly's to share...
51. get acquainted with other vacationers at Guilly's (like the Kazakhstan girls)
52. Parteeey at The Summer Place (dance, drink, or just people watch!) :)
53. dance like there's no tomorrow!
55. treat yourself to the oh-so-good (and famous!) fruitshake of Boracay Island at JONAH'S!
59. wave goodbye to the island on the right side of the plane (aww...see u again sooon)
61-62 look for Merly's BBQ stand (our favorite) near Cocomangas and try the popular CHORI or LONGGA burger(only in Boracay!) ...also found all over the island
63. explore the island (and even go around that rock to the other side!)
(more entries and photos to be added...) :)