A colorful country

Guatemala Travel Blog

After Caye Caulker in Belize, I got into a shuttlebus to Flores, Guatemala. Got to know Juni & Joar, a norwegian siblingcouple, Nick, a german guy and Kristel, a girl from Holland :) They soon become my "family" :) We checked in to hotel Mirador in Flores, it was nice and had a beautiful view to the lake. We swam in the lake, it was so hot, around 6 pm it was 38 degrees celsius, and the water didn`t really cooled us down, but it felt good. We had italien dinner that night. Kristel and I shared a room.

The next morning we got up at 4am, took a shuttlebus to Tikal, the maya ruins, temples and pyramids, a guided tour thorugh the jungle. It was really cool, we had a funny guide! So we spent most of the day there, when we got back to Flores, Joar and I had a looong swim across the lake. That felt so good, because, even though I have been walking and moved a lot so far on this trip, I have been eating so much good food, and been really lazy too. But I almost died a little bit, when we started the return I was so tired.
The next morning we took another shuttlebus, this time we were going to Lanquin, and Semuc Champey!!