Semuc champey and Lanquin caves

Lanquin Travel Blog

After 7 hours on a shuttle from Flores, we arrived at El Retiro in Lanquin! So beautiful :) On the shuttle we got to know 5 people from Alaska, two girls and two boys. We checked in, had a chill evening with fish buffèt and got to know a bunch of people. Saturday morning we had a superb breakfast, before we went on a tour to Semuc Champey. Oh my gosh, that was paradise on earth! I just simply fell in love with that place. Beautiful waterfalls, caves, and astonishing view from the top! Our guide, Josùe, was great, showed us some amazing things. We half swam, and half crawled through the cave, slid down, climbed up. After the cave we went to the natural pools of Semuc champey and up to the lookout with an amazing view. I am going back there, the manager at El Retiro hires backpackers to work for a while if they want, and I want to do that in December :)
That night we ate Mexican buffèt at the hostel, jummy :) And the next morning, sadly wee were off to Antigua. I could have stayed so mch longer at that place, but luckily I am going back there!

So thank you, staff at El Retiro and my new friends from Norway, Holland, Germany and US, for sharing these wonderful moments with me, it was amazing!
Lanquin