Leaving paradise....

Antigua Travel Blog

..and coming to city-life, after 8 horrible hours on a shuttlebus without a chance to sleep OR rest, since the driver obviously was ready to get us killed a couple of times.. We were 10 pax in the bus, the five of us, plus the five from alaska. We finally arrived in Antigua about 3.30 pm, all of us checked in at Black Cat Hostel. Luckily they had 11 beds available, cause it was really crowded here. I miss Lanquin! Seriously, i kinda regret I didn`t stayed there for a while, so nice people working there and everything! But since my new friends are leaving for other countries in a few days, and I am staying here in Guatemala for at least a month, I want to spend time with them before they leave! The common area in "Gato Negro" is small, so you always feel like youre in the way for someone.. But Juni and Joar are leaving wednesday morning, Nick, Kristel and I will stay here till thursday, then Kristel will take a flight til Costa Rica, Nick will go to El Salvador, and I will take the bus to Quetzaltenango (Xela) for my spanishlessons! I suppose Antigua is a great city and all, but it`s raining all the time now, my whole body aches after that shuttle from Lanquin plus I think I`m getting the fever again.. So I`m looking forward to leave this town, wich is packed with tourists!
Antigua Hostels review
An ok hostel, littlebit crowded and small commonspace, but has a restaurant with good food and a bar. A lot of backpackers, wich is nice.
photo by: monky