Lanquin otra vez

Lanquin Travel Blog

Aaah, so good to be back here :) This place is magical. I talked to the manager and got to work here after my raftingtrip. The rafting was amazing, we had so much fun and the adrenalin flushed! But at the biiges rapid Mary, one of the girls, fell out of the raft, and seriously almost drowned. It was hoorible to watch, and knowing that it was out of our power to do anything. But Kevin, the 15 year old boy who were our security guy in the kajak, rescued her!!! He did a great job :) But poor Mary was quite shaken afterwards, and did not want to come along the rest of the trip. I felt so sorry for her, and know I would have reacted the same way if that happened to me. We had a car following us all the way with the campingequipment, so she went with the car the rest of the trip.

Bak to Lanquin I started working, but only a couple of days passed, then suddenly the manager of the restaurant left. Dieter, one of the guys who had been working there the longest, kept the restaurant open till the next day, then the owner called and said that the restaurant should be closed. So there we were, in the middle of nowhere, and new backpackers arrived everyday, with no restaurant. SO Josùe and ELvis, the tourguides, started thei own temporarily restaurant, with a local chef who made excellent food, and I served it. It went fin, but everything was a mess. It was not how I excpected it to be, and even thoug Josùse and Elvis did a great effort, everything was so uncertain. So back to Antigua..again!
photo by: siri