Nice day for a cycle

Harrogate Travel Blog

Almscliffe Crag
As i said on yesterday's post, it would be likely that if the weather's nice il try and do a few miles on my new bike. Infact the weather was just as nice as the day before, i think that those long bleak days are behind us now for the year, with summer now fast approaching.

So i got round to having today's lunch, a bit of a Saturday classic, smoked salmon fillets with plenty of salad. As the weather was so nice, we decided to eat outside for the first time this year.

With lunch behind me i decided to go work it off with a few miles cycle up to the nearby rock formation, which is known locally as Almscliffe Crag. Its only a short 15 to 20 minute cycle to the lane that passes below it. I can definitely say that i don't think i have ever seen so many cars parked on the road leading up to the crag.
Busy with climbers
I think the urge to finally get outside in the glorious weather seemed to be too good an opportunity to miss.

I managed to get a few snaps Almscliffe Crag from a distance as well as some of the surrounding vistas. I then decided to venture further past the crag. There arnt many residential houses nearby only just a small number of farms, so the road is almost a paved farmers track. About another mile down the road i entered Stainburn, a small hamlet in the middle of nowhere. I felt then at this point it would be a good idea to head back home.

On the cycle i frequently heard alot of high pitched 'baaahhs', which can only mean one thing, lambing season which often happens around early April. All in all a good days cycle, i hope the weather remains the same for the next few days at least.
Which way?