Grabby in Greenwich

New York Travel Blog

I sauntered into Greenwich village expecting a beautifully quant village lined with artsy one-of-a-kind goods being sold by indie bohemian love children. Instead, I walked into a village that was much like any regular town. While it serves as a retreat from the hubbub of daily life for NYC residents, it was a dissappointment to me. While the nepal paper store was fascinating, the majority of stores were not that out of the ordinary for me. Perhaps that's because I've been to many places with indie boutiques. Most of the stores that we entered were outragiously expensive. I saw one shirt that I had seen previously for 15 dollars.. yet at the store it was a 60 dollar t-shirt. Ridiculous.
I did stumble upon a very interesting tea house though. Since I'm allergic to coffee, I was quite excited by the tea house, I ended up buying some looseleaf and it tasted incredible,
When we walked through a park in Greenwich village, a danish theater troup was performing in the square. While the routine was less than fascinating for me as it was a ridiculously slaphappy comedy, the mere principle of artists gathering was exciting.
Unfortunetely NYC's hubbub carried out into the village. It was less than relaxing as loads of people solicited for later performances. And you can't forget the occasional homeless person begging for money, or following us. I even had someone try to steal my purse.
I can't say that I'll ever be a city girl, but it was an interesting experience to say the least.
nice bedding.
lots of trash. eew.
nice drapes.
nice drapes.
New York Hotels & Accommodations review
We all wish that we could afford hotels in NYC.. but not all of us have the sheckles in our pockets to make that happen. Both times that I have gone … read entire review
New York