Spent the Morning Going Backwards

Wayne County Travel Blog

Being between jobs (I didn't start my new one for a couple weeks, and had just moved home from Springfield), I jumped at the chance to go with Dad.  This job took us into rural Wayne County (that's a bit of an oxymoron though) out in the middle of nowhere.

It was a bridge job on a county road, which meant we had to back down the road 2-3 miles because the only place to turn the truck and beam around was at the highway.  I stayed out of the way as best I could so Dad could see the mirrors (which is much easier now that I've lost all that weight).  We ended up backing down the road three times -- once for our load, once to unload another trailer that had been dollied down, and once to load that trailer on ours to get it back to the yard.  I had gotten out of the truck to pull the kingpin and help chain down, and before the trailer had been loaded, these two smartass guys (being paid by the hour for standing there, I'm sure) decided they needed to illustrate what was going to happen.  "That trailer is going to be put on that one"... no sh**, sherlock.  I told Dad what they had said, so he let me chain down by myself, much to the dismay of these two. Ha.

Wayne County