Drive Down Memory Lane

Grantsburg Travel Blog

Again, another early Saturday AM trip.  Dad was to take the Big A that he’d gone to Ohio for on down to Tom.  We’ve done this countless times, nothing out of the ordinary.  We got down there, unloaded and headed back in decent time.  On the way back, I honestly don’t remember how, but Dad started telling me stories of hauling feeder pigs on a straight truck in the fifties and different stories of hauling hogs.  I don’t know why this was the topic of choice; he quit hauling cattle all together back in the mid-80s (and I miss it.  We used to haul rodeo stock to where we got to go to county rodeos and sit up in the truck.  And, one time there was a calf born on the trailer and I got to see it.  And I liked riding the tricycle at one of the salebarns.  Okay – here I go telling stories.  Not much of a travel blog, huh?)

But, this is our life.  Trucking consumes us.  I have my own memories, and I was actually grateful and glad that Dad related some of his stories as well.  An ordinary trip to Grantsburg that we’ve done NUMEROUS times before turned out to be a drive down memory lane.

Resources Reviews